Electronic W-2s are posted in LoboWeb for active UNM employees and Retirees who consented to receiving their W-2s electronically. Employees who did not consent previously may now do so for future years and to see prior year W-2’s online.
The Payroll Office and the IRS do not initiate contact with our employees regarding Form W-2s or income taxes via emails. Please do not click on any links in suspicious emails. Click here for FastInfo on how to forward spam mail as an attachment to email@example.com.
Instructions for completing the "Electronic Regulatory Consent" election:
- Login to MyUNM at unm.edu/home
- Click on the “Enter LoboWeb” button
- Click on the “Tax Forms” link under the Employee tab
- Select “Electronic Regulatory Consent”
- Login using the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) process
- If you want access to your W-2 forms electronically, click on the “My Choice” checkbox and “Submit”
Instructions for accessing your secure electronic 2020 Form W-2 in LoboWeb:
- Go to my.unm.edu, log in and click Enter LoboWeb.
- Select Tax Forms, then W-2 Wage and Tax Statement.
If you prefer to use the tiles in MyUNM:
- Click the tab that applies to you – Staff, Faculty, or Student.
- Select the tile LoboWeb (Employees) and then LoboWeb Main Menu.
- Log in, select Tax Forms, then W-2 Wage and Tax Statement.
After logging into LoboWeb, you must pass through Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), UNM’s second layer of security that protects your sensitive employee information.
- You must decide if you want a text message or a call with a code that you will input to login.
- After authentication, click the Tax Year drop-down and select 2020. Click on Display to see your Form W-2.
- You may print your W-2 to a PDF via the "Printable W-2" button found on the bottom left corner of your screen.
PRINTING INSTRUCTIONS PER BROWSER TYPE:
·Internet Explorer on Windows: set all Margins to .5 and remove Page Setup for Headers & Footers
·Chrome on Windows: set Left and Right Margins to .2 and remove Page Setup for Headers & Footers
·Mozilla/Firefox on Windows: set Left and Right Margins to .2 and remove Page Setup for Headers & Footers
·Safari on Macintosh: set Left and Right Margins to .2 and remove Page Setup for Headers & Footers
We do not support Internet Explorer on Macintosh. If submitting a copy to the IRS with your tax return, you may need to trim the printed page to include only the form along with the form name and year at the bottom of the printed form.
Misalignment in box 12 and/or Box 14 can be caused by the Font/Text Size setting in your browser. You may need to adjust the Text Size setting to a smaller value in your Browser to reformat the alignment. This does not affect the printable or printed W-2 form and is only a display issue.
How are the boxes on my 2020 W-2 calculated?
You can use the worksheet located in the Employee Toolbox to better understand the calculations used for your 2020 Form W-2 Form. Please refer to your final paystub in 2020 when using this worksheet.
Disclaimer: The amounts calculated in this worksheet cannot be used to file your taxes. This is for informational purposes only. Please use your official form W-2 obtained electronically via LoboWeb or mailed to you when submitting your 2020 tax return.
Multi-factor Authentication for W-2 Online Forms
To improve security and prevent unauthorized access to employees' W-2 online data, UNM IT and Payroll have implemented multi-factor authentication in front of the W-2 online form in LoboWeb. UNM employees will be prompted to register a valid phone number for multi-factor authentication when accessing the W-2 online form via LoboWeb. Employees that have registered their phone to access online Direct Deposit or Benefits (last year) will not be prompted to register a phone number again. Once registered, employees can successfully log in and access the W-2 online form using their UNM credentials (Net ID and password) and confirm login using their phone. Please refer to FastInfo for additional information on multi-factor authentication and added benefits.
Can I get prior year W-2's reprinted?
Yes, the Payroll Department can reprint the last 3 years worth of W-2's. For individuals that live in Albuquerque, Bernalillo, Corrales, or Rio Rancho will need to come to the Payroll Department to request a reprint. For individuals that live outside of those cities send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org include full name, last four digits of social security number, which W-2's are needed, and valid mailing address. W-2's will not be emailed or faxed.