Taxable Benefits for Football Tickets
Discounted Season Football tickets purchased in 2021 will be included as a taxable benefit for eligible participating staff/faculty. Applicable taxes will be withheld on the following pay dates:
Bi-weekly pay: 6/25/21
Monthly pay: 6/30/21
Moving forward, athletic season tickets purchased will be taxed in a payroll soon after the completed purchase.
Taxable Benefits for Tuition Remission for eligible participating staff and faculty.
Payroll Calculator is available with 2021 Federal and New Mexico tax rates.
Payroll processes and distributes salary and wage payments to UNM faculty, staff and student employees. Additional responsibilities include:
- Withholding and remitting employment taxes to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the state of New Mexico
- Preparing and reporting year-end tax information including IRS Forms W-2 and 1042S
- Responsible for nonresident alien tax status evaluation; tax treaty compliance; insurance vendor payments; tax deferred annuity enrollment and vendor payments
- Retirement (ERB) reporting and payments
- Servicing third party garnishments