Taxable Benefits for eligible participating staff and faculty.
Payroll Calculator is available with 2021 Federal and New Mexico tax rates.
Payroll processes and distributes salary and wage payments to UNM faculty, staff and student employees. Additional responsibilities include:
- Withholding and remitting employment taxes to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the state of New Mexico
- Preparing and reporting year-end tax information including IRS Forms W-2 and 1042S
- Responsible for nonresident alien tax status evaluation; tax treaty compliance; insurance vendor payments; tax deferred annuity enrollment and vendor payments
- Retirement (ERB) reporting and payments
- Servicing third party garnishments