2021 Form W-2
Electronic W-2s are posted in LoboWeb for active UNM employees and Retirees who consented to receiving their 2021 W-2s electronically. Employees who did not consent will receive their W-2 paper forms via U.S. Postal Service. These will be post-marked no later than 2/1/22. If you have not received your 2021 W-2 by February 15th, please contact the Payroll Office.
You can use the 2021 W-2 calculation worksheet located within "Employee Toolbox" on the payroll website to better understand the calculations used for your 2021 Form W-2. Please refer to your final paystub in 2021 when using this worksheet.
Payroll Calculator is available with 2022 Federal and New Mexico tax rates
Taxable Benefits for eligible participating staff and faculty
Payroll processes and distributes salary and wage payments to UNM faculty, staff and student employees. Additional responsibilities include:
- Withholding and remitting employment taxes to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the state of New Mexico
- Preparing and reporting year-end tax information including IRS Forms W-2 and 1042S
- Responsible for nonresident alien tax status evaluation; tax treaty compliance; insurance vendor payments; tax deferred annuity enrollment and vendor payments
- Retirement (ERB) reporting and payments
- Servicing third party garnishments